Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Searching for a new rhythm



Life threw me some big changes, and I feel a bit out of whack. My mind and body have been performing a specific set of patterns for some time. Nine years for one project and twenty-two years for a career. Now the landscape I once danced in has been hit by a tornado and I find myself tripping over debris or not moving through a space once filled by an office building. Until my mind and body adjust to the new reality, perhaps it's too much to ask myself to come up with a new dance? I feel pressured by expectations [my own?] that I come up with a new pattern quickly, when what I really want to do is take some time to walk in my new world with care and attention. I want to trust that the new rhythm will naturally emerge when it is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment