Wednesday, December 11, 2013

When Crying Comes Up


It is Day Eleven at Kickin' it Old Skool blog-a-thon, and today's prompt is "What makes you weepy?" I know exactly what makes me weepy, but putting it into words is so hard. But here goes nothin' – I'll begin with my "teensy bit of writing each day in December" but sticking to this theme: 
The Pixar movie, Up made me cry. Why?
That opening scene where the old guy
Looks back on the years with his wife
The hopeful and beautiful years gone by
The love that was and the dreams denied.
Being reminded of dreams, is why.
When I think of what makes me cry it is a revelation of deep truths. Some people get goosebumps when something said rings true. When an insight is revealed at a deeper level that touches at the core of who I am, I feel the tears come. The dammed river of a dream long held inside, when unleashed, spills out in tears of relief and joy. Why did I cry at the beginning of Up? It must have touched a tender place, the place where dreams can tragically be thwarted and still remembered. There's hope dreams can still come true.

3 comments:

  1. I felt the same way watching Up. I love how you were able to put words to this. This line is beautiful... "When I think of what makes me cry it is a revelation of deep truths." I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Helen. Indeed, when something touches at the core, that's when tears come for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautifully written...being touched in a tender spot, insights and revelations...so many truths there!

    ReplyDelete