Thursday, December 12, 2013

Things I Know for Sure


It is Day Twelve at Kickin' it Old Skool blog-a-thon, and today's prompt is "A Truth? A Constant? A Wisdom to Share? Your Superpower? What Are Ten Things You Know For Sure?"

Since I don't have much time today to write or read, I'll make it My Five Touchstones. Here they are in no particular order

1. My dear honey. Each and every day of my life with him is fun and enjoyable and real. He is steady, he is loving, he is caring.

2. I am an artist. I was when I was a kid, drawing, singing, making music, making crafty stuff. Even though I tried to make it a side dish for many years this essential part of nature wanted to be more fully claimed. Today I can claim this and know I don't have to be perfect or complete to do so. Life and art, a work in progress...

3. Love and compassion are natural for me. The wisdom part of this is that I have learned I must practice directing just as much of this toward myself as I do toward others.

4. Regular practices of introspection, connection with spirit, and self care are necessary. These days I've been doing movement/meditation practice, and I've been on and off with journaling. I think I need to up the journaling so that insights and little messages are harvested rather than flushed through my brain sieve.

5. My surest way through a creative block is to take out the tools and commit to the tiniest amount of time. Five minutes? Ten minutes? I turn on a timer and then I usually wind up wanting more. That is the feeling you want to leave with. Rather than dread and blockage, you feel there is more you want to do and can't wait till there is another chance to go back to your creative work/play.

My teensy bit of writing will have to be the above. Simple prose counts, right? Oh, and as to the symbolism from an earlier post – of the small, white, five-petalled flower, and the blue concentric rings I found nothing conclusive. So many interpretations exist for white, for blue, for the number five, for white flowers, for circles, for concentric circles. I concluded that I need to continue to seek inner guidance and look for signs to follow up what this means for me. The quest continues.

2 comments:

  1. It took me a while to say "I am an artist". I'm glad to know you can too. I find that the process of becoming and growing is both challenging and rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I can relate. It took me a while to say "I am an artist" too.

      Delete