Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dreamboard for the Full Worm Moon



I thought about not doing a new dreamboard for this full moon. I loved my last dreamboard so much and I felt there was unfinished business, so I was hesitant to move on. But also, I didn't know if it was a good idea to let energy stagnate. Jamie Ridler's helpful suggestions opened up possibilities for me, whether or not I decided to make a new board, and made me feel it was okay to trust my instincts. Upon further reflection, I decided that I might be chickening out of creating a new board, for fear that I wouldn't like it as much as my last. That in itself raised a red flag. The suggestion that I could "have my cake and eat it too" by keeping the old board in sight AND creating a new one appealed to me and gave me an opening. I'm planning to keep the old board as part of a screensaver slide show, which also includes my intentions for 2010, and a Soul Reflections board I did at the turn of the new year.

But now for the Full Worm Moon Dreamboard...

I struggled a bit with creating this one, but now I'm slowly getting more comfortable with it. The first thing I notice is the mouth. It makes me think of loud mouths, of people who won't shut up, brazen self-expression. The check marks also stand out. It's like a seal of approval, or a "done" on the to-do list. It is affirming that I want to get stuff done, to be more productive and disciplined. There's a more symbolic and iconic quality to this board than my previous ones, a boldness in the symbols and shapes. There are odd juxtapositions, the sleeping pig and its dream bubble. The cotton plants in an industrial and urban setting. The faucet and the yin-yang blueberry sphere. I'm also surprised by the images related to being on stage, of having the lights and cameras on me, of getting dressed for a gala honoring my achievements. I feel very far away from being out there and being recognized -- I still think of myself as being in the preparation stage. Perhaps it could be a yearning or a motivation? The winged warrior princess is here again -- I've included her now for the fourth full moon running. Recurring also are the seashell and the flower, perhaps symbols of a natural growing and unfolding process. And again I have included an image of dance.

The only words here are on the board the film crew assistant is holding up: Rituals, Casting process, What's next.

What's being produced? I'm intrigued.

If you're interested in making a dreamboard yourself and sharing it with others, check out Jamie Ridler's Full Moon Dreamboards Online. Check out what others are dreaming for themselves for this full moon here.

4 comments:

  1. very nice dream board! i post something but it is not exactly a dream board, i will prepare a space in my mind to make one! yours is very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's delicious to have your cake and eat it too! And what riches it's providing here. There's a really bold aesthetic, Helen. Edgy. Avant-garde. Playful. Glamorous.

    What I'm wondering about is this: where are you going to get brazen this month?

    May all of your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very intriguing -- very dreamy and symbolic one could sit and try an interpret it for hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. < I feel very far away from being out there and being recognized -- >> You have great insight. Your dreamboard is very intriguing yet has a bold yet subtle power.

    ReplyDelete