Sunday, December 8, 2013

From Where I Sit


It is Day Eight at Kickin' it Old Skool blog-a-thon, and today's prompt is to share where we blog.

There is a desk in my home but it is tucked away in a corner not near the windows. I sometimes work from there, or the kitchen table, but not lately. This is where I prefer to create and write and, as you can see, knit.

Today, I began my day with meditation and movement, and as I danced some gestures caught my attention and inspired this bit of writing. Here is today's little piece (as I continue my teensy bit of writing each day in December):
I pull them out, out of my mouth, and they keep coming. My arms working hard now, clutch the words in my hands, yank and let them fall around me. Like entrails, turning myself inside out, I keep pulling and ropes upon ropes of thoughts made into words lie at my feet. How much is in here? How many feet, yards, miles? This was what they wanted to hear, what I held muffled and dark inside, and I am pulling it all out of me. I look down to find piles around my feet and my angry feet kick them away. No more. Give me space to dance some new light.
What's really weird is that as I typed "new light" a lamp bulb blew. I find that when I am going through phases of dramatic new learning and growth, or more intense emotions, lights have blown out in my home. Coincidence?

6 comments:

  1. That is interesting. I'm fairly certain it's not a coincidence that lights are blowing out as your are going through these phases of grown and illumination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe in coincidence... Nice blogging spot, very comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't believe in coincidences anymore. Your spot looks perfect. Thank you for sharing your words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you find what works for you and works best, you've got to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great spot! And coincidences...ooooo...love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a very comfy spot! And it sounds like you're working up some intense energy to me!

    ReplyDelete