Saturday, December 14, 2013

One Sentence Saturday - From A Book

It is Day Fourteen at Kickin' it Old Skool blog-a-thon, and today's prompt is "We're making it easy today! Share one sentence from a book. Okay not quite that easy. Grab the third book in on your top shelf of books. Share the first sentence."

Well, thank goodness it's an easier one today. I've been having a great time in my secret location and not much time is left for blogging for the next couple of days. And since I am not near my bookshelves, I will have to go for whatever is in my Kindle app. The third book in my virtual bookshelf begins thus:
"There's so much I want to do... and so little time."
How true. Non-fiction. This is from The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything . . . Fast! by Josh Kaufman.

Here's today's entry for my "teensy bit of writing each day in December."
On top of the hill rested a luminous basilica. We entered in a buzzing silence and for the first time in my life I felt moved to light a candle.

2 comments:

  1. Love your bit of writing, Helen! I'm happily imagining your adventures in your secret location... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always hoped to live a long and healthy life because there is so much I want to learn, share and do. I've heard about the book, I'd be curious to know if you found it was a revelation as far as learning goes.

    ReplyDelete