Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Sharing Colors

I am continuing my quest to do a teensy bit of writing each day and participate in the Kickin' It Old School blog-a-thon for the month of December.

First, the tiny bit of writing:

She began to laugh, more from the heart than she had felt in a long time. Great ripples of vibration upon vibration shook her chest. Tears pooled in her eyes and her shaking grew so strong that the hill she sat upon began to shimmy and sway, bringing the last dry leaves clinging to branches to tumble down in a soft rattle.

Jamie and Shannon had so many color questions for us today!

RED

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of red? Boldness, passion.
  2. Closest red thing to you? Christmas ornaments.
  3. What is the last thing that made you angry? Reading about another attempt to take women's rights to choose to bear a child or not.
  4. Are you a fan of romance? Real life romance and caring yes, storybooks no.
  5. Do you have a temper? Nope.

GREEN

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of green? Living plants.
  2. Closest green thing to you? My knapsack.
  3. What's your favourite green environment? Fort Tryon Park's Heather Garden.
  4. Are you jealous of anyone right now? Nope.
  5. Are you a lucky person? Lucky, no. Fortunate, yes.

PURPLE

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of purple? Grapes.
  2. Closest purple thing to you? The oxalis houseplant.
  3. Do you like being treated like royalty? I like being pampered, but I don't know what it's like to be treated like royalty.
  4. Do you like mysterious things? Absolutely, mystery keeps us interested.
  5. Are you intuitive? Perhaps mildly intuitive.

BLUE

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of blue? The night sky.
  2. Closest blue thing to you? My jeans.
  3. Are you good at calming people down? I think so.
  4. What's your favourite body of water (i.e. lake, ocean, etc)? The ocean.
  5. What was the last thing that made you cry? It was recent but I don't remember, perhaps a video on youtube.
  6. Are you a logical thinker? Certainly, maybe too much so.

YELLOW
  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of yellow? A drop of golden sun.
  2. Closest yellow thing to you?  The cover of a book, Talking Music, Conversations with Five Generations of American Experimental Composers, by William Duckworth.
  3. What was one of the happiest times of your life? Being on tour with Invert for a month, driving across the US.
  4. What's your favourite holiday? I have a love-hate relationship with it, but probably Christmas.
  5. What makes you happy? Being in the moment of creation, with an audience present or not.

PINK

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of pink? Little girls.
  2. Closest pink thing to you? My pajamas.
  3. What sweet things do you like? Dark chocolate, apple crumble, cheesecake, Chinese egg tarts.
  4. Are you sensitive? I don't think I am, but on the other hand I find it hard to watch scary or suspenseful movies or shows.
  5. What is your favourite flower? Right now, perhaps peonies are edging out orchids for first place.
  6. Does you have a crush on someone? I love someone, but no crushes right now.

ORANGE

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of orange? Um, an orange. Sorry.
  2. Closest orange thing to you? The cover of a book, Creative Sparks, an index of 150+ concepts, images and exercises to ignite your design ingenuity, by Jim Krause.
  3. Do you dress up for Halloween? Very rarely.
  4. What gives you the warm fuzzies? Spending time with my honey.
  5. What would your superpower be? I wish I could blink myself from location to location, just like Jeannie in the old show I Dream of Jeannie.

BROWN

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of brown? Earth.
  2. Closest brown thing to you? A brown bear plush puppet.
  3. What is your favourite type of chocolate? Dark chocolate, maybe with orange, ginger or raspberry.
  4. What makes you feel grounded? Lying on the floor, walking at the beach or in the woods.
  5. Paint the wood or always leave it au naturel? You stumped me here. It depends?

WHITE

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of white? Purity.
  2. Closest white thing to you? The windowsill is white. Ish.
  3. Do you always try to keep the peace? Either that, or I avoid the conflict and walk out, depending on whether I am involved or not. I don't walk out if I am part of it, but I do if it's not my business.
  4. Do you like to play in the snow? For only a moment, before I get too cold.
  5. Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist? I put it off, so I guess I'm a tiny bit afraid, but I am pretty relaxed when I am in the office.

BLACK

  1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of black? Drama.
  2. Closest black thing to you? A phone.
  3. Are you sophisticated or silly? Absolutely both.
  4. Do you have a lot of secrets? Only a few. Period.
  5. What's the new black? I want to say fuchsia, but it's really brown that's the new black.


4 comments:

  1. Yes, it would be fun to be like Jeannie in "I Dream of" and blink yourself wherever you needed or wanted to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a grinning sock monkey to make me laugh! What a cool superpower - blinking teleportation. I'd like that as well please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for artists who are happy on the stage because I love to listen. What a cute sock monkey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I totally loved your writing today Helen! I could totally feel the shaking of the vibrations and a well of emotion. So powerful.

    Mystery does keep us interested. I like that! And I love your sophisticated or silly answer. I can totally see that about you Helen :)

    ReplyDelete